What's this all about?
Can you recognize a patient's malady quickly and correctly? Then face-off against your peers – test your skills in a battle for diagnostic supremacy and go for the gold. Yes, real gold!
For the next five weeks, Psychiatric Times presents the Diagnostic Champions' Challenge Each week will feature a set of multiple choice diagnostic dilemmas to test your acumen: we show you the problem, you diagnose it or make management decisions about the disorder – but you'll only have up to 60 seconds for each question. Each time you answer correctly, you'll win points based upon the level of difficulty.
Who Can Play?
Well... anyone. But we do distinguish between players who are valid MDs in the United States (we verify your ME number with the AMA) and those players who are not. Valid US physicians will play in their own special "track" against other MDs, while all others play in a second track. You must be a legal US resident, residing in the United States and 18 years or older to play.
If you are already registered with us, you can check your account to make sure you have accurately listed your name and medical school year of graduation.
If you're brand new to us – set up an account here!
How Do I Play?
- Complete the free registration process – you can also add a special "game name" for new accounts or add a "game name" if you already have an account.
- From the homepage, click on the "current round" and you're off! You'll have 60 seconds for each question – answer the best you can; each question has varying points based upon the difficulty of the question. Get the answer right, and score – get it wrong and, well, at least you'll get smarter. If you have to rush off, don't worry, you can save your progress between questions and log back in to finish later.
- Once you finish a round, you'll see your total point score and if you made the Top 10 scores for that round on the Leaderboard. Did you make that round's cut? Great! But watch out, others are nipping at your heels while the round is still open and might bump you from the list – so keep checking back! If you tied with another player's score, the tie-breaking factor is the total elapsed time you took to answer each question....yes, quick-responses count too!
- If you want to try that round again, you can certainly do that. But be aware that only your first score will count. Subsequent re-trys of that same round may help make you smarter though, but you already knew that!
- Feel free to try your hand in each new round as it becomes available to increase your chances at making the Top 10 scores; only the Current Active Round is available for scoring.
- At the end of the four week preliminary rounds we'll invite the Top 10 scorers for each previous round (both in the MD and non-MD tracks) to compete for the prize – an ounce of gold bullion for the top scorer in each of those two tracks! If you didn't qualify, don't feel lonely, others can play in this finalist round too – but will be segmented as non-finalists and won't be participating for the prize – just the glory of going head-to-head against the best of the best.
Where can I play?
Pretty much wherever you want – at home, work, on the go... just remember that each question has a specific time limit of 60 seconds, and you won't be able to save your progress except between completed questions – so stay focused!
What might I win?
How does gold sound? That's right – the top score from the championship round for both the MD and non-MD tier will each win an ounce of gold.
Good luck, and go for the gold!